Why And When Did You Start Supporting Your Favorite Football Club? - Naijaextra - Entertainment Blog

What inspired you to start supporting the Football Club you are currently supporting?

For me, it was sheer emotion. I'm an Arsenal fan. Before the 2006 UEFA Champions League, I had no definite clubside I support. I would always want the underdogs to win even if the odds against them was 100 to 1.

During the first half of the 2006 UCL final, Arsenal seemed to me to be the better side, they had more popular names compared to their opponent, Barca. So I wanted them to lose. It was a bad belle kinda thing. My support for Barcelona in this match was further heightened when Arsenal was a goal up. However, when Lehmann got that unfortunate red card and things started to fall apart for Arsenal, I began to develop a soft spot for them. Quickly in the second half when Barca started leading 2-1 and Arsenal was displaced to the underdog that I had always loved to support, I thought "oh no, this match mustn't end this way".

The rest is history.

They lost the match and I became one of their biggest sympathizers then and a fan till date. I'm actually regretting that now.

How and when did you start supporting your club?

Post a Comment

 
Top