At What Age Did Your Parents Stop Flogging You? - Naijaextra - Entertainment Blog

In light of a recent trending video of a father flogging his daughter, a lot of people were of the opinion that she wasn't supposed to be flogged since she is 18 while majority (on twitter and nairaland) were in support of the father disciplining his daughter for going against his order.

On this note, I'll like to ask 'What age were you when your parents stopped flogging you?'
And also, 'What age do you think is the right age for a parent to stop flogging the child?'

As for me, I think i was 12 then. My mom would use different tools like garri turner, slippers, cane, etc. Looking back now, I know it was all to mould me into the gentleman I am today.
As for the second question, I think the flogging should stop before the child gets to senior secondary level so he/she won't develop an everlasting hatred for you (the parent) cos that teenage age can make or mar your relationship with your child. The child can be disciplined via other means, but not necessarily flogging.

The floor is open guys. What's your take on it?

Post a Comment

 
Top